2017 Fruit CSA Share
Certified Organic Fruit from Colorado’s Western Slope!
You are not too late to get in on a summer of farm fresh produce! We have some shares still available & pro-rated.
The Colorado Organic Fruit Share is very popular and Oh! so yummy! The Certified Organic Orchards that we enjoy fruit from are First Fruits Orchards (main orchard that we use), Ela Family Farms, and Morton’s Orchards. I can’t wait for the candy like cherries to be ready in the spring! Mmm….
How much fruit do I get in a share?
Around 2.5 – 3 lbs. of one kind of fruit per week. The CSA Fruit Share season is 14 – 16 weeks of delicious sweetness! The weeks may or may not be consecutive depending on when the crop is ripe. Picking fruit at it’s optimal harvest time means the sugar content and nutrition is at it’s best. That is one reason why home grown and local produce tastes so yummy since it was not picked earlier than “ripe” for shipping reasons.
- Cherries (Bing and Rainer)
(Due to the nature of weather and the possibility of crop failure, there may be a fruit that is unavailable. In that case, we would add more pounds of another fruit to make up for it. )
Watermelons, melons, and tomatoes will stay with the Veggie/Herb CSA Share as I raise them here on my farm.
When will I begin to receive produce?
Cherries are the first fruit crop and are usually ready the end of June depending on weather. Apples and pears are the last fruit crop and go into October.
What are the pick-up locations and times?
- Denver Pick-up location Wednesdays from 5:30 p.m. – 6:15 p.m. It is near the corner of Holly and Evans in the parking lot of Holly Hills Bible Church
- Aurora Pick-up location Wednesdays from 4 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. It is near the corner of Buckley and Iliff at a CSA Member’s residence. (If you need to pick up your produce a little later in the day, we can arrange for you to drop off your cooler on the porch with an ice pack and I will load it with your produce while I am there. You can pick it up on your way home that night at your convenience.)
- Golden/Morrison Pick-up location Wednesdays 11a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Near Washington Ave. and Iowa St. in Golden at a CSA Member’s residence. (If you need to pick up your produce a little later in the day, we can arrange for you to drop off your cooler on the porch with an ice pack and I will load it with your produce while I am there. You can pick it up on your way home that night at your convenience.)
- Littleton Pick-up location Wednesdays 1:30p.m. – 9:30p.m. Near Littleton Blvd. and Windermere St. in Littleton at a CSA Member’s residence. This location will be drop off only and the coolers will arrive by 1:30p.m. You can pick up your share at your convenience that afternoon or evening
- Highlands Ranch Pick-up location – Wednesdays 1:30p.m. – 2:15 p.m. The cross streets are near S. Broadway and W. Highlands Ranch Parkway at a CSA Member’s residence. (If you need to pick up your produce a little later in the day, we can arrange for you to drop off your cooler on the porch with an ice pack and I will load it with your produce while I am there. You can pick it up on your way home that night at your convenience.)
- Brighton Pick-up location – Tuesdays from 5:30 p.m. – 6 p.m. Pick up is at the farm near Highway 85 and 168th Ave.
You are responsible for picking up your produce at the location you selected during the stated times. If you are not able to pick up, you can send a friend to get it for you. If your share is not picked up for that week, it will be forfeited for that week.
How much does a Fruit Share cost?
$230/ share (regular price)
How do I purchase a CSA share?
You can sign up on-line and pay with: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover or PayPal. You can also send a check to the farm at the address listed at the bottom of this website.
Do I get to pick what is in my CSA package?
Members do not pick what is in each week’s delivery. CSA shares are created to contain in-season produce and what is at peak harvest for each week. This way, you optimize the nutrition of your fresh, field to table, produce!
Refunds: Because of planning reasons, there are no refunds for CSA’s. If you are not able to continue, it is your responsibility to sell your share to someone else and notify us of the CSA share change.
Do you offer half-shares?
At this time, I do not offer half shares. You can e-mail me your name and the location that you are interested in getting a share and I can see if I can match you up with another person that is looking to split a share. Another way is to ask a friend if they want to split it with you. I do not recommend splitting a share though unless you are single.